Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Savage Beauty & The Met Ball 2011


{via}

The Metropolitan Museum of Art held it's super fab Met Ball last night. The Costume Institute Gala Benefit honored Alexander McQueen with the opening of the Savage Beauty exhibition featuring the designers ah-maz-ing body of work. This beautiful retrospective was first unveiled in London by Anna Wintour for Fashion Week in February. The retrospective will run at the Met until July 31st. This is an event not to be missed. The stars came out in full force and did not disappoint!

Gisele Bundchen is ravishing in red with a fishtail gown
from the McQueen F/W 2005-6 collection.  via

Diane Kruger vamps it up with some old
hollywood glamour in a Jason Wu dress. via

Tory Burch & Kanye West are a very striking pair! Adore Tory
in her vintage Jean Patou dress.  via

Jennifer Lopez is soft and beautiful in Gucci. via


Taylor Swift looking gorgeous and all grown up in J. Mendel. via

I think Emma Stone played it a little safe
with this Lanvin floral, but her hair and makeup are
absolute perfection. via

Love myself a feather and some romance! Chrissy Teigen
& John Legend are the night's cutest couple! via

SJP looking wonderful (as always) in Alexander McQueen &
Andy Cohen, my latest male obsession - love him!! via
Who knew Marc Jacobs was so tiny? Standing next to Robert
Duffy, he looks like a schoolgirl :)  via

The incomparable Zac Posen with Christina Ricci via

Daphne Guiness doing what she does best. Over. The. Top. via

Madonna in Stella McCartney. via

Blake Lively(looking fabulously glam) in Chanel & Karl
Lagerfeld in Tom Ford. via

Have I mentioned that I go to bed every night, praying I'll wake up
looking like Isla Fisher? She played it a bit safe in this Tory Burch dress,
but I love her nonetheless! via


Demi Moore in Prabal Gurung. via

Ashley Greene shimmering in Donna Karan. via

Florence Welch in one of her numerous costume changes she
sported for the evening. via

5 comments:

  1. Ahh! I loved the dresses for this event, more so than I have in a long time for any red carpet event. Dian Kruger and Tory Burch were among my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was overly impressed. Everyone was pulling out all the stops for this one! I can't wait to go see this retrospective in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be a very cool thing to see! P.S. I also look to Isla Fisher as a red headed beauty icon to style myself after.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many amazing outfits. Great roundup here! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh I'm Blake's biggest hater. She's so perfect it makes me sick.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...