Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine Menu Ideas

caramel pot de creme


They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.  I'm not sure if that's the case for all men, but it sure is the case for me.  Both my husband and I are slightly obsessed with food.  We talk about it, think about it, dream about it.  There are many romantic dinner options in our fine city, just check out Cleveland Independents for a list of Valentine offerings.

I prefer to stay in.  I prefer to not have to buy cards or gifts.  I prefer to lounge in the kitchen with a glass of wine and whip up something romantic while listening to a little Ella.  Here are some of my go-to recipes for a sure fire romantic evening.

pear and pomegranate salad w/gorgonzola and champagne vinaigrette

scallops and filet with manhattan sauce
coq au vin
duck breasts w/ pinot noir and cherry sauce
seven spice lamb chops

lobster tails w/ clarified butter

veal chops w/ roasted shallots
polenta w/ wild mushroom saute
porcini parsley pasta
sky blue potatoes
affogato (image via here)
Pour 1 shot espresso over a small scoop of ice cream and stick a cookie in the side.  I'll be making my affogato with Jeni's goat cheese and cognac fig ice cream, espresso and Trader Joe's mini almond biscotti.

image via here
image via here


1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing the yummy recipes! i think clevelanders all have the same food mentality b/c my husband and i are exactly the same way! we love food : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...