Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cuddle Up To Valentine's Day


Since there's a blizzard sweeping across the nation, I will take this opportune time to wish you all a happy February.  I will also apologize in advance that the posts for the next 2 weeks will all be pink and red, lovey and dovey.

image via here

I never used to be this way.  I was a normal girl.  Not really into Valentine's Day (unless it was my father bringing the heart shaped box of chocolates and a mini version of the bouquet he bought my mother).  That all changed when I got married. I love the snow (sorry!) and wanted to get married in January because I thought I'd have the greatest change of a flurry on my wedding day.  Turns out the venue I picked was closed all of January and wasn't available until Feb.  So I picked the first Saturday in Feb and crossed my fingers that we would have snow.  It did, and has every year on that date since.

That's when it all started.  The whole month of February has now become the month of love.

So for this first installment of Valentine posts I encourage you to get snugly.  Whether you have someone to snuggle with or not (and let's be honest, sometimes it's better just to have alone time!) here are some of my faves to get you into the (cuddly) mood.

hot water bottle $12.50

Tory Burch pajamas $125





heart mug in pink, red or orange $23

hot (pink!) cocoa - mini tin $3.95
heart shaped egg rings $15
valentine pancake mold $2.95

8 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm looking forward to V-Day this year (my first with CLEguy) and can't wait to read more happy hearts-themed posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks and congrats on the move!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have every right to gush about February especially if you love snow and you got married this month. The snow is lovely to look at right now like thick icing on a cake. It's only a problem when I have to force my tires through it. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina, I didn't think I could love snow any better, but icing...yum! On a full disclosure note, I'm home with a cold, so no driving, scraping, or sledding to work for me today. You're right, it is more beautiful from the inside looking out on days like today. stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hot water bottles are soooooo adorable ! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. think i'll need to purchase those egg rings and make my hubby breakfast in bed!

    thanks for sharing : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a total sucker for Valentine's Day sans the snow. I can't help but buy unnecessary junk from the Target dollar spot like plastic heart champagne glasses and bowls. I send out v-day cards to all of my friends and sisters every year. I adore those heart shaped egg rings, I've never seen anything like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally know what you mean about the Target dollar section!! Whenever I'm there w/ the husband he's like, we're NOT stopping. But I just saw the cutest heart wine opener and stopper set. Oh, wait, I have one from last year. But it's so cheap. I better pick up a few more :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...