Monday, January 17, 2011

Golden Globe Glamour

All right boys and girls.  The first big awards show of 2011 is under our belt.  Top trends of the evening being sleeves, sparkly nudes, emerald, pinks and corals.  Some got it right and some just left us wondering....


What I Loved


Anne Hathaway - Armani Prive gets my best dressed of the night

Eva Longoria - Zac Posen
Claire Danes - Calvin Klein Collection

Jane Krakowski - Badgley Mischka via Harper's Bazaar

Mila Kunis - Vera Wang


January Jones - Atelier Versace


Julie Bowen - Tadashi Shoji

above pics via Style.com




What Left Me Wondering & Dissapointed


Angelina Jolie - Versace


Jennifer Lopez - Zuhair Murad


Julianna Margulies - YSL


Scarlett Johansson - Elie Saab


Michelle Williams - Valentino


Julianne Moore - Lanvin

above via Harper's Bazaar


Jennifer Love Hewitt - Romona Keveza



Just Plain Wrong


Tina Fey - L'Wren Scott


Helena Bonham Carter - Vivienne Westwood


Tilda Swinton - Jil Sander

above via Style.com



Best Gaga Glitter Moment


Olivia Wilde - Marchesa - Christian Louboutin
via Style.com




Jury Is Still Out


Natalie Portman - Viktor & Rolf
This is the girl everyone was waiting to see.  The name on everyone's lips.  The makeup is gorgeous, but I think the hair makes her look a little older than she is.  I love V&R and the dress...except that flower. Or maybe it's the stem.


Sandra Bullock - Jenny Packham
This dress is so gorgeous up close.  And I totally adore her makeup.  I also like the hair, so why is this still weird for me?  I don't love it all together, but I don't hate it either.  She looked a little sad and out of it in photos but happy and sparkling in interviews.

above via Style.com


Best Hair & Makeup Goes To...




Christina Hendricks - she just keeps giving it and giving it! via Temptalia




What were you loving?  Who left you wanting more, more, more?


4 comments:

  1. I did not like Natalie Portman's dress at all. That satiny pink is too young for her and unflattering. I know she is pregnant, but in that case wear something dark. I also thought January Jones and Mila Kunis really looked good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you were right on with all your best dressed ladies except for Jennifer LH. I thought her dress looked a little prommish. I also loved Halle Berry. Then again, she could make a sheet look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halle is the only person who can seemingly rock anything. So not fair :) Oh Jennifer Love, why the orange spray tan? It didn't look as bad in photos, however on TV she looked the color of Snooki.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED olivia wild's fairy-tale princess dress! and i'm so glad she was showing off those amazing shoes instead of hiding them underneath her dress : ) another fave was julie bowen's gown. stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...