Friday, January 14, 2011

Get Out & About

via Cleveland Memory

Yes it's cold.  Ok, it's freezing.  But we're Clevelanders.  Snow doesn't scare us!  You can hide from it (til March) or embrace it.  So pull on that ski mask and those winter boots.  You've already shoveled the drive, there's no sense in fighting it.  Get out!  With so many great things going on, it would be a pity to stay in.

Tremont Art Walk : Fri 1/14 
Kim just got back from NYC and brought lots of goodies back to Evie Lou.  Stop by and warm up with some wine and cheese.  The Banyan Tree just got in a bunch of new arrivals and is having a 1/2 off jewelry sale.

Chinato : Mon 1/17 5PM
Moet & Chandon Champagne Tasting.  Try 5 wines and meet winemaker Axelle Araud.  Each wine will be paired with a small plate and is $45 per person.

L'Albatros : Mon-Tues 1/17-18 6-8PM
Rhone Cheese & Wine Tasting.  Stop by for wine, cheese, hors d'oeuvres and music. $50 per person.

Battery Park Wine Bar : Wed 1/26 7PM
This is one of my new favorite spots and the husband and I are astounded at how great the food is.  Subtle twists on classic comfort food.  Taste and be amazed.



If you're a snow lover like myself you'll want to head over to Why CLE?.  She has some fun ideas for the whole family to get out and enjoy this weather. 

I'm trying to be patient while waiting for Salty not Sweet to move into their Market District digs in February so I'll be taking my mind off it with a movie and cocktail at the Capitol Theatre & Cedar Lee.
 


Sunday Classics Movie and Brunch : Capitol Theatre 10AM

The Maltese Falcon 1/16

All About Eve 2/20

Melt bar and grilled Late Shift :

1/15 midnight - Capitol Theatre


2/5 9:30PM & midnight - Cedar Lee


Cleveland Institute of Art Cinematheque
 : Audrey Hepburn : sophisticated lady series $9 admission ($6 cia members, students, staff)

Roman Holiday : Sat 1/15 at 5:15pm and Sun 1/16 at 6:30pm
Sabrina: Sat 1/22 at 5:15pm and Sun 1/23 at 8:15pm
Funny Face: Sat 1/29 at 5:15pm
Charade: Sat 2/5 at 5:15pm and Sun 2/6 at 4pm
Breakfast at Tiffany’s: Sat 2/12 at 5:15pm and Sun 2/13 at 8:05pm
Two for the Road: Sat 2/19 at 5:15pm and Sun 2/20 at 6:30pm
Wait until Dark: Sat 2/26 at 5:15pm and Sun 2/27 at 1pm

5 comments:

  1. wow thanks for all of the great links. I think I have to check out Battery Park Wine Bar this weekend. I just love that these theaters play old movies. Maybe I'll go see Roman Holiday.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally read the website wrong. I did not know Audrey was starting this weekend. Can't wait to go. Also will be hitting up the wine and beer tasting tonight at Lilly's for the Art Week in Tremont.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love myself a Lilly's tasting :) Enjoy your weekends, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all these great things to do! And thanks for the shout-out...you're a rockstar! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this was such a great motivational post! I tend to go into hibernation mode post holidays and this was just what I needed to boost me back up and out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...