Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bright & Bold Lips

Jill Sander

It's here.  A new year.  A fresh start.  So hard to believe the holidays are over and it's January.  The end of 2010 was hyped in sequin, sparkle, glitter and glam.  So it's only fitting that the new year be ushered in a bright, bold fashion.  I'm totally, unabashedly loving the makeup from the S/S 2011 runway shows.  If you weren't ready to embrace it when it hit last fall, now's the perfect time to brighten up those winter doldrums.

J. Crew F/W 2010

Fendi
DVF


So put away the sparkle, shimmer and gloss.  Lipstick is back.  In a fun, fantastic Jenna Lyon's kinda way!  The key to this look is to put away the metallics and keep skin looking fresh and minimal.  A little concealer and mascara is all you need.  Here are the colors I'm obsessing over.

CoverGirl Lip Perfection - Spellbound
NARS-Funny Face

Shiseido Perfect Rouge-Day Lily


L'Oreal Colour Riche-Volcanic


MUFE Rouge Artist Intense-No. 36


Estee Lauder Double-Wear Lip Pencil-Coral


MAC Magenta Madness & Process Magenta
MAC-Something New



Not quite ready to take the plunge?  Start with these fab polishes.


Dior Vernis-Psychedelic
Essie-Vermillionaire

Essie-Exposure

6 comments:

  1. I love this trend. Prada had a beautiful color paired with awesome retro sunglasses. I just got Nars Heatwave for Christmas and broke it out on NYE. I looove it. I also love the nail polish colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just wonderful. I'm a huge fan of bright shades with subtle makeup. I just had on bright red today. If you haven't already, check out the new Mickey Contractor for MAC collection. The pink lipstick is TO DIE FOR!

    Ps) stopping by from The Cosmopolitan Clevelander's blog. I'm a fellow Ohioan as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, never mind my last comment. I just scrolled down and saw that you had a post on the Mickey Contractor collection. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Dina! Off to check out your blog right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:18:00 AM

    I know this is off topic, but I was just wondering, does anyone knows where to get the glasses frames the model in the L'Oreal Colour Riche advertisement is wearing? I've been looking for frames like that everywhere with no luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those frames are fantastic. Haven't seen them, but I'll keep my eye out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...