Friday, December 10, 2010

Native Cleveland & A Project Runway Treat

There's so much to do on these holiday weekends that it seems like it takes me all week just to catch up.
Last Saturday I dragged the husband out for a little Christmas in the CLE.  Stopping first at the Ohio City Christmas Festival.  I really wanted this to be a little more wonderful that it was, but this being the first year, I kind of understand.  Street vendors were braving the cold selling holiday wares. Santa, carriage rides and patrons bustling in and out of the brewery, wine bar and coffee shop.  Next year I'd like to see more out on the street.  Roasted chestnuts, candies, cider.  All those smells that make Christmas wonderful.  It was great to see everyone out and about.

Next stop was the Wooltex Gallery on Superior for the Cleveland Handmade Market.  I was excited to check it out and got to meet Valerie Mayen from Yellowcake and the latest installment of Project Runway.  She is even more adorable, charming and humble than she is on tv.  She had a few samples there to check out along with headpieces to purchase.  Seeing her work up close I instantly realized I needed one of her pieces NOW.  I found a sketch of a dress that I fell head over heels in love with and gave her my info so we could set up a meeting at her studio.  I will keep you posted as the process gets started on making a custom piece.  I was so thrilled over my new project that I forgot I wanted to meet Anne Harrill of Oceanne. (maker of the fab CLE pendant and other gorgeous jewelry)  Darn.

After Wooltex we headed over to Waterloo to check out Native Cleveland.  They're featuring really cool local stuff from the guys at CLE Clothing Co., prints from Grey Cardigan and jewelry from Kendal Croix and more!  They are right past the Beachland Ballroom and Music Saves.

hello!




adorable handmade pieces


bringing CLE (akron, kent & ohio) pride to even the smallest


great selection of accessories



and totes, too

We were running pretty good on time and had some time to kill before our dinner res at Dante so we stopped in to visit Dan & Greg at Wine & Design.  There I found some really cute Christmas cards and all proceeds benefit the Merrick House in Tremont.  After dinner we walked across the street to hit the Hot Toddy Party at the Banyan Tree.  It had just started snowing and all of Tremont has this wonderful glow.  They finally got more of their knit headbands in stock.  I bought a black one and later regretted not getting one in every color. They just posted that they got fleece lined leggings.  Always a reason to go back!

We ended the evening meeting some friends up at the Velvet Tango Room.  And if you haven't been there during the holidays, you're missing out.  The VTR eggnog is legendary and not to be missed. (even if you're not an eggnog kinda person)
As we were leaving, the snow started falling harder, putting a beautiful, sparkly blanket over our fine city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...