Thursday, December 2, 2010

Bring On The Bubbly

Happy December!!

I waited and waited.  I heard reports of snow here and there last month. But, alas, no accumulation here in Ohio City.  So I woke up this fine December morning to find....snow! The tiniest bit, but hey, it stuck!  After so many days of bone-chilling rain, the air now feels clean, crisp and new.  This calls for a celebration! 

A lovely Champagne cocktail can be as simple as adding some POM juice and berries to your fave bubbly.  But since the holiday season is upon us here are some festive ideas to spread that holiday cheer right on through New Years.

(click on cocktail name for recipe)




via Chow
My fave.  Perfect for a special evening in.  Bitters, orange, lemon and brandy.  Seriously wonderful.




via Epicurious

Ginger, lemon & prosecco.  The syrup can be made ahead of time to have on hand when your guests arrive.


via Chambord
 As easy as it sounds.  Garnish w/ a blackberry or raspberries.



via Martha Stewart
This calls for pear nectar.  They have a really great ones at Williams Sonoma, Whole Foods & The Fresh Market.



I've never been a Champagne drinker.  I'm a red wine kind of girl.
Enter Prosecco. I can't remember where I was when I first tried it, but whoa, this stuff is good.  Not sweet and cloying as I found many sparkling whites to be.  A number of Champagne/Prosecco/Cava tastings now under my belt and I'm still a Prosecco girl, but I've realized there's something out there for everyone.

Case in point, the latest tasting at Wine & Design. (I'm not really sure if they do tastings every week or if they just start opening bottles when they see my car pull up!)  haha
Not sure if I was swooning from the champagne or the glow of the leg lamp.

A little something bubbly for everyone ranging from $11.99-19.99.
(this was their $1 tasting to celebrate their 1yr anniversary)


What, you haven't been here yet?  Well get to it!  They just decorated for the holidays :)


What's a great cocktail without a fun glass?  Here's what I'm drinking my bubbles out of this month.


Edge Flutes $11.95 (Crate & Barrel)



Schott Zwiesel Cocktail Cup $12.95 (Sur la Table)










1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year's! You can bet I'll be drinking bubbly tonight.
    -Becky
    The Pumpkin Spot

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...